- We laughed (Giants and Eli win!);
- We cried (Madonna’s slow-mo 2012 dancing made us realize that we, too, are old);
- We mocked most of the commercials (except for the Dodge/Chrysler ad with Clint Eastwood that spoke to the real SB audience–all-American viewers–mainstream, middle-of-the-road, driving American-made cars;
- We danced salsa in honor of Mr. Cruz (but really because we won the soccer team football pool )
What were our business takeaways?
- You can try too hard with commercials and confuse people.
- You can work so hard to produce a ‘creative’ ad that will be the envy of competing agencies, but not actually benefit the client because the viewer didn’t understand the messaging.
Hey brand advertisers–did your agency spend your millions wisely? How did you feel immediately after your ad ran? Did it run at the right time during the programming? Did it make sense?
Bottom line–did it work–or didn’t it?